The minimum work class which is required to post an exceptional transaction and the minimum work class, which is required to approve the exceptional transaction, is defined in the menu EXCDM .If the user having sufficient work class, posts an exceptional transaction, then the user who is having sufficient work class to verify an exceptional transaction should verify the transaction.If the same transaction is posted by a user having sufficient work class to approve exceptional transactions, then the system will not prompt for verification. The verification of exceptional transactions can be done through the menu TEA. The user can inquire into the exceptional transactions through the menu TEI
24 ) What is the difference between entering, posting and verifying a transaction?
There are three stages for completing a transaction, which can be performed by the users depending on their work class. They are Entering, Posting and Verifying.At the stage of "E – Enter", no data is updated. The system will generate a serial number for each part tran and is displayed in the screen at the top on the right side.At the stage of "P – Post", the data is updated
The system will generate a tran id at the stage of entry or posting depending on commit (F10) pressed by the user.The stage "Verify" does not have any significance in Finacle as far as data update is concerned. In order to have the Maker and Checker concept the trasaction needs be verified by other user. But it should be noted that unless all transactions are verified, the end of day (EOD) couldn't be done.
25) Can all users enter, post and verify a transaction?
No. Depending on the work class they are associated; the users can either enter & post or verify the transaction. At no point of time the three activities are completed by one user and intervention of other user is required.
26) Can the same user do the entering, posting and verifying a transaction?
No. A single user cannot do the entering, posting and verifying a transaction.
27) Can the same user do the posting and verifying of a transaction?
Yes. Depending upon the work class, the transaction done by other user can be posted/verified by same user.
28) Can the same user do the entering and posting of a transaction?
Yes. Depending on the work class some users can do only entering of a transaction while some others can do both entering and posting of a transaction.
29) A transaction has been entered by one user and posted by another user.Does this require verification by the third user?
No. A transaction needs two users for its successful completion. When a transaction is entered by one user, and posted by another user, the system updates the verifier field with the user who has posted it automatically and hence does not require verification.
30) How do I know whether a voucher is in entered, posted or verified status?
The user can use the menu HFTI/FTI and query on the transactions. There are various criteria on basis of which the system will display a report. If the user clicks on any particular transaction in case of HFTI, the system will display the full details of that particular transaction. In the case of FTI, the user will have to select the transaction and press CTRL + E to explode the transaction.
31) I have wrongly posted a part transaction by pressing P and F4 but I have not yet committed/saved the transaction. How can I set it right without redoing the whole exercise ?
Use sub-option ‘R’ (Reset the transaction) in the same place where you had used ‘P’ option while posting; now press F4 (Accept key). The part transaction will come backto unverified / unposted state. It will be reset
32) How to see who has created / modified / posted / verified and timewhen the transaction was posted?
Use TM option and in the sub-option give O-Other part-tran inquiry and press F4 to know the details
33) When posting a transaction system gives error “Additional details not entered”?
Use TM – sub-option – A – Additional details screen, enter the additional details and then post the part-tran. These are normally when we do the HO related transactions.
34) What is the difference between a back dated and a value dated transaction?
In a back dated transactions the GL gets updated from the back date given.In a value dated transactions the GL does not get updated as on the value date but will have an effect only for the calculation of interest as of the value date, even if the interest is already calculated for the account. Branches are allowed to do only value dated transactions.
35) How do I go about putting through a value-dated transaction?
The user can put through a value dated transaction.The user can input the value date in the " value date" field in the menu TM or in other menus while entering/posting the transaction.On committing the transaction, the system will display the message to the effect that it is a value-dated transaction.
36) Can I put through a transaction between two customer accounts across two SOLs?
Yes. It is possible to put through a transaction between two customer accounts across two SOLs, provided the user is a "Free User" and the menu invoked is also"Free"